- Format: eBook
- ISBN: 978-1-5261-4494-2
- Publisher: Manchester University Press
- Price: £80.00 (incl. VAT)
- Published Date: March 2020
- BIC Category: POLITICAL SCIENCE / Human Rights, POLITICAL SCIENCE / Terrorism, Constitutional & Administrative Law, Society & social sciences / Freedom of information & freedom of speech, Criminology: Legal Aspects, British Politics, SOCIAL SCIENCE / Criminology, LAW / Constitutional, Human Rights & Civil Liberties Law, Society & social sciences / Terrorism, armed struggle
- Series: Manchester University Press
Introduction: Banning them
Proscription in the United Kingdom: A Tough but Necessary Measure?
Proscription in Context: Historical, Geographical and Political Dynamics
Theorising Proscription: Discourse, Argumentation, and Ritual
Debating Proscription: Sources of Parliamentary Support and Opposition
Questioning proscription: Holding Government to Account?
Proscription and Identity: Constructions of Self and Other in Parliamentary Debate
The Ritual of Proscription: Reproducing Liberal Democracy
Conclusion: Securing us?