Seven titles published by Manchester University Press have been recognised as Outstanding Academic Titles at the 2021 CHOICE Awards.
The CHOICE Awards are designed to recognise outstanding works for their excellence in presentation and scholarship, the significance of their contribution to the field, their originality and value as an essential treatment of their subject, and significance in building undergraduate collections.
This year’s Outstanding Academic Title list includes 440 books and digital resources chosen by CHOICE editorial staff from among the more than 3,600 titles reviewed by Choice during the past year.
The MUP titles awarded ‘Outstanding’ are as follows:
- Aid to Armenia: humanitarianism and intervention from the 1890s to the present
- Culture matters: Anglo-American relations and the intangibles of ‘specialness’
- Houses built on sand: violence, sectarianism and revolution in the Middle East
- Indo-Pacific empire: China, America and the contest for the world’s most pivotal region
- Stories from a migrant city: living and working together in the shadow of Brexit
- The shifting border: legal cartographies of migration and mobility
- United Nations peace operations and international relations theory
Congratulations to everyone involved!