If you are interested in reproducing any of Manchester University Press’s content, please view our below guides for:
For information about our recent titles and bestsellers, please browse our current catalogue: Spring 2021 Rights catalogue.
Information for authors
We want you to be able to reuse your work as easily as possible. All MUP authors, editors and chapter authors have the following reuse rights, and in these cases you don’t need to seek additional formal permission from us. They apply as long as you do not sell or give the material away in ways which would conflict directly with the Publisher’s commercial business interests.
After your book or article is published, you are allowed to:
- Reuse your work as the basis for new work authored or edited by yourself, including your own blog posts and presentations, as long as the new work is not likely to compete with the original work published by MUP.
- You can reuse excerpts or up to one chapter of your book, or your journal article or edited volume chapter in full.
- If you are not the author or editor of the new work please ask the publisher of the new work to submit a permission request.
You may also:
- Re-use figures, illustrations and tables from your book, chapter or article (as long as these were your own material, otherwise additional permission will need to be sought from the rights-holder) in new works authored or edited by yourself
- Use the front cover of your book for promotional purposes
- Make copies of your work for personal use, including up to one chapter for classroom teaching use (but not for inclusion in course pack material for onward sale by libraries and institutions)
- Make print or digital copies of your work in support of applications for new posts
- Deposit your article or a chapter of your work under our green Open Access policy for books https://manchesteruniversitypress.co.uk/openmonographs/ or journals https://manchesteruniversitypress.co.uk/open-access-journals/
This reuse is subject to full acknowledgement of our publication as the original source of the material, in the following form:
[author and/or editor(s) of contribution], [volume and/or contribution title], [year of publication], [publisher (as it appears on our copyright page)] reproduced with permission of MUP
If you are any doubt about whether your intended re-use is covered by this policy, please contact MUP for confirmation.
Back to categories
Territory and translation rights
We are keen to expand partnerships with presses across the globe for translation and territory rights to our titles. If you are interested in selling or translating one of our titles, please get in touch with the MUP Rights Team at [email protected].
By Joe Earle, Cahal Moran and Zach Ward-Perkins
By Peter Barry
By Dorothy Price, Michael Hatt and Charlotte Klonk
By The Foundational Economy Collective
Alternatively, you can complete this in five simple steps, thanks to Manchester University Press’ partnership with Frankfurt Rights.
- Search available rights
- Choose type of rights, territory and language plus contract length and royalty payments
You can visit the Frankfurt Rights website to view our titles and locate the right content for you.
Back to categories
You can get permission to re-use or re-produce extracts of our content quickly and easily via our two partner agencies.
Publishers Licensing Society
Simply use the search box below to link to the title on the Publishers Licensing Society website.
You can search via keyword, title, author, ISBN or ISSN.